... but hopefully I can help get some people a few votes. Unfortunately, I'm getting toasted, by Army of Mom, among others. Things are looking grim, but don't give up hope yet if Joust The Facts is your choice. You can at least keep me from finishing last.
Without further ado, here are Giacomo's recommendations for Weblog Awards.
- Best Blog: Sure, Instapundit and Daily Kos are the elephants in the room, but for my money it's Power Line, by a nose over Captain's Quarters and The Corner. Michelle Malkin, Instapundit and Kos are a little too all-encompassing. I'm more partial to blogs that don't try to cover everything, but still cover a variety of things and do it very well.
- Best New Blog: Wuzzadem. Several great choices here, but John makes me laugh, and I can always use that.
- Best Group Blog: Red State, or Winds of Change, with honorable mention to the fine ladies of The Cotillion.
- Best Humor/Satire Blog: Iowahawk, hands down. Sure, I love Scrappleface. And Protein Wisdom. And Six Meat Buffet. And IMAO. And Cox & Forkum. And Hog On Ice. Oh, heck, just pick any of them, you can't go wrong.
- Best Liberal Blog: Clareified. Why? Because Karol says so.
- Best Conservative Blog:
SeveralMany good choices here, but I'm partial to Rick's Right Wing Nut House. You couldn't miss if you prefer Ace, ABP, Right Wing News or Polipundit.
- Best Media/Journalist Blog: Taranto's Best of the Web, with James Lileks and Mickey Kaus nipping at his heels.
- Best Sports Blog: Baseball Crank, because one of the best things about baseball is talking about it.
- Best LGBT Blog: Classical Values, though Boi From Troy and Gay Patriot are solid.
- Best Military Blog: Blackfive, with Froggy Ruminations chasing.
- Best Blog Design: I really like the looks of Demure Thoughts and Mom2Mom Connection, but that probably is just me getting in touch with my feminine side. Could you guys help spiffy up JTF?
- Best Video Blog: The Political Teen.
- Best Religious Blog: The Thinklings.
- Best Parenting Blog: Cynical Dad - I can relate.
- Best Law Blog: Beldar, Althouse, Volokh and Stop The ACLU are great, but I'll take Overlawyered, because as a physician I sometimes feel overlawyered.
- Best Business Blog: I like BizzyBlog, but I could see Asymmetrical Information as well.
- Best Technology Blog, Best Culture/Gossip Blog, Best Photo Blog, Best Podcast: You're on your own here.
And now for the International Blogs:
- Best Canadian Blog: The North American Patriot.
- Best UK Blog: normblog, with The Daily Ablution a close second.
- Best European Blog: Davids Medienkritik.
- Best Middle East or Africa Blog: Iraq The Model.
- Best Australian or New Zealand Blog: Tim Blair, closely followed by Sir Humphrey's.
- Best Latino, Caribbean or South American Blog: babalu, because I just like saying "babalu." Mark In Mexico also.
- Best Asian Blog: Little help here?
Finally the TTLB Ecosystem categories:
- Best of the Top 250 Blogs: Too many good ones here, you really can't miss. I've got divided loyalties, for Stephen Green and Daniel Drezner.
- Best of the Top 251 - 500 Blogs: I'm partial to Confederate Yankee, but Sister Toldjah is right there.
- Best of the Top 501 - 1000 Blogs: I'm torn between two great blogs, and they both hail from Houston Texas, with some roots in Austin. Give it up for WILLisms.com and Generation Why?
- Best of the Top 1001 - 1750 Blogs: RightWingSparkle, despite the break she's been taking.
- Best of the Top 1751 - 2500 Blogs: No endorsement, you're on your own.
- Best of the Top 2501 - 3500 Blogs: Lorie Byrd's other haunt, Byrd Droppings.
- Best of the Top 3501 - 5000 Blogs: This is another loaded classification. I could see Garfield Ridge, SoCalPundit or Feisty Republican Whore, but I've got to go with File It Under.
- Best of the Top 5001 - 6750 Blogs: You need to ask?
- Best of the Top 6751 - 8750 Blogs: Not enough data, you're on your own.
- Best of the Rest of the Blogs (8751+): Just found Sensible Mom. Add her to your blogroll; I'll be adding her to mine shortly.
Well, that's it. If you need any help with your math homework give me a holler. I'm boning up on that also.